WHAT IS MOTIVA®?
Motiva Implants® is the 6th generation of breast implants that’s available in Malaysia. With years of scientific research and testing, Motiva® has come up with innovative features addressing issues that previous generations of implants faced. This results in producing breast implants that give natural aesthetic breast augmentation results with optimum safety.
One of the unique offerings by Motiva® is the Ergonomix® Implant. Ergonomix® gives the natural look and feel to the breast. It also follows the movement of the breast, giving a round shape when lying down and turning to a sloped anatomical shape when standing up. Moreover, it can achieve minimal scarring of up to 2.5cm for surgeons that are trained under Motiva®.
Motiva Implants® are also found to have low complication rates, including rare cases of capsular contracture, rupture, seroma, and BIA-ALCL. Motiva® has also placed over 1,600,000 breast implants worldwide. Now, Motiva® is available in Malaysia! Establishment Labs. Post-Market Surveillance Report. Q4, 2020
Motiva Implants® shell consists of a smooth nanotextured surface called SmoothSilk®/SilkSurface®. Achieved through 3D nanotechnology imprinting, the surface allows optimized biocompatibility and minimizes tissue reactivity and growth of biofilm around the implant.
It results in an easier insertion process and minimizes the risk of complications such as double capsule, late seroma, and BIA-ALCL.
<1 % CAPSULAR CONTRACTURE
Capsular contracture are historically associated with traditional smooth implants and several complication linked to chronic inflammation are observed with Macrotextured surfaces which may results in displacement2, late complications and even malignancy3.
SmoothSilk surface promotes an optimal response,4,5 which reduces the risks of chronic inflammatory complications6 by regulating the activities of the cells involved with inflammatory and fibrotic response4,5,7.
- Sforza M, Zaccheddu R, Alleruzzo A, et al. Preliminary 3-Year Evaluation of Experience with SilkSurface and VelvetSurface Motiva Silicone Breast Implants: A Single-Center Experience with 5813 Consecutive Breast Augmentation Cases. Aesthetic Surg J. 2018;38:S62-S73. doi:10.1093/asj/sjx150
- Marcelli S, Aso J. Preliminary outcomes and comparison of polytech POLYtxt and MESMOsensitive breast implants with focus on late seroma: Single-surgeon, retrospective cohort study on 621 consecutive aesthetic breast surgery cases. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2021 Jan 11:S1748-6815(21)00026-7. doi: 10.1016/j.bjps.2020.12.092.
- SCHEER Final Opinion on the safety of breast implants in relation to anaplastic large cell lymphoma. 2021 (March):1-43. Available at: https://ec.europa.eu/health/sites/health/files/scientific_committees/scheer/docs/scheer_o_018.pdf
- Cappellano G, Ploner C, Lobenwein S, et al. Immunophenotypic characterization of human T cells after in vitro exposure to different silicone breast implant surfaces. PLoS One. 2018;13(2):1-14. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0192108
- Nam S, Lee M, Shin BH, Elfeky B, Lee YU, Moon DH. Characterization of BellaGel SmoothFine ® Implant Surfaces and Correlation with Capsular Contracture. 2019:196-211. doi:10.4236/jbnb.2019.104012
- Quirós MC, Bolaños MC, Fassero JJ. Six-year prospective outcomes of primary breast augmentation with nano surface implants. Aesthetic Surg J. 2019;39(5):495-508. doi:10.1093/asj/sjy196
- Pontes GH, Vargas Guerrero LA, Mendes Carneiro Filho FS, et al. Reduced Remodeling Biomarkers TissueExpression in Nanotextured Compared with Polyurethane Implants Capsules: A Study in Rats. Aesthetic Surg J. November 2020. doi:10.1093/asj/sjaa315